The JetPCL product line is continually maintained and upgraded to keep pace with the everchanging document imaging industry, and as new functionality becomes available. Below is a list of recent major and minor releases of JetPCL, including version changes.
JetPCL integrated into new release of Millennial Vision Inc.'s DCS v2.4
MVi's enhanced DCS v2.4 provides financial institutions with faster, more streamlined loan processing, and the ability to have electronic document images appear exactly as they would when printed on a HP LaserJet (PCL) printer.
SALT LAKE CITY - May 21, 2009 - Millennial Vision Inc. (MVi), a national reseller of Laserfiche document management solutions and provider of paperless technologies to financial institutions, released the latest version of its Document Capture System (DCS) v2.4-a solution allowing users to capture print documents electronically and become paperless.
MVi's newest version of DCS allows users to digitally capture their documents-including Membership Cards, Loan Documents and most other Windows or Unix PCL printable documents, add electronic signatures and other required annotations, and automatically store them into their document management archival system, creating a seamless process for the user.
MVi's DCS product also provides financial institutions with remote signature capability between branch offices so the loan process can be completed faster, helping reduce the account holder's wait time.
DCS v2.4 is significant because MVi has partnered with Tech Know Systems - a leading provider of PCL (Printer Control Language) emulation software for the electronic document delivery industry - to integrate its JetPCL® technology into DCS v2.4.
The JetPCL component enhances MVi's DCS product by automatically handling the PCL conversion, providing the user with a straight-through-process. DCS v2.4 now has greater processing capabilities, including improved accuracy, higher-quality images, and faster speed.
The enhanced accuracy of DCS v2.4 is important to financial institutions that require loan and other pertinent documents to appear exactly as they would when printed on an HP LaserJet (PCL) printer.
"Our goal is to provide financial institutions with the best products possible," says Bill Poulter, President of MVi. "We feel that our DCS v2.4 release provides users with greater capabilities, allowing them to streamline their processes and become more efficient. We look forward to our new partnership with Tech Know Systems and feel that their JetPCL technology has played an important role in helping us improve our DCS product."
Full Press Release
Millennial Vision Inc. (MVi), provider of paperless technologies to financial institutions
New .NET Managed Code API
Tech Know Systems, Inc. announces their new "JetPCL .NET Managed Code API" which is described as a JetPCL DLL API for easy integration with Microsoft .NET
Framework Managed Code applications. This new API allows JetPCL to be used with
any .NET programming language, including Visual C# and Visual Basic. Although the JetPCL DLL format is a native Windows compilation, the managed code interface provides an easy to use API for integrating the stable, field tested, JetPCL object code
that has been in use since the early 1990s. Within the .NET Framework platform the JetPCL Win32 DLL is considered unmanaged code, just like all of the standard Windows
system DLLs. Like these DLLs the JetPCL DLL is a standard C language DLL. This approach was chosen to provide the fastest and most efficient product for developers and yet make it easy to integrate. A complete technical description of the JetPCL for .NET API with some simple examples of how to use the API from the Visual Basic and Visual C# languages is available to Software Developers. Contact Tech Know Systems for more details.
Support for Windows Win64 Platforms
Tech Know Systems, Inc. announces new support for Windows Win64 platforms. JetPCL DLL and EXE formats included with the "JetPCL Enterprise Server", "JetPCL Service Provider", and "JetPCL Software Developer" products are now available in Win64 formats for use on Windows x64 platforms. There is also a new "JetPCL .NET Managed Code API" for Win64 platforms too. Other JetPCL products are expected to support Win64 later this year. The current JetPCL for Win32 release is known to work fine on Win64 platforms, however customer of these JetPCL products that would like to start running JetPCL for Win64 should contact Tech Know Systems for more detail. Initial testing has shown a 10-20 increase in processing speed in using Win64 on a Win64 platform over using Win32 on a Win64 platform.
JetPCL v9.50 06/08/2007Major Release
- Upgrade to UFST v4.60 with
Microtype data files.
- Support for double byte
downloaded PCL softfonts has been added.
- Added feature to specify conversion
start and end pages.
- Added FaxZoom 216 dpi mode to
limit Fax shrinkage during printing.
- Added PrintableArea feature to
limit shrinkage during TIFF image printing.
- Added TIFF DocumentName and
ImageDescription tags to output.
- Added feature to skip a first
blank page if using –g embedded data switch.
- Added MacroForms feature to enable
image based macro forms files.
- Added more PCL file breakup
options for breaking on reset commands.
- Added support for expanding
environment variables within paths.
- Added a 300 dpi fax mode that
produces 324 byte scanlines.
- Enabled Chinese support using
symbol set 18C and GB encoding.
- Added FileInsert feature using
- h- Added JetPCL MultiThread DLL API
to support multithreaded applications.
- Added Base64 output encoding option
to all image output formats.
JetPCL v9.07 05/02/2006
- Changed to support unlimited
secondary CFG file sizes.
JetPCL v9.06 10/12/2005
- Changed PDF option Sub=All;
setting to do its font substitution better.
- Changed -jBreakup to recognize
when the page size needs to be set.
JetPCL v9.05 04/08/2005
- Added changes to make default native
PDF conversion much faster.
- Changed PDF code to have more
accurate image data placement.
- Added support for the old VSIFAX
'fax' file format using -Igp3:VsiFax;.
JetPCL v9.04 06/21/2004
- Added -Opdf:Rect=Native; to
handle PCL rectangles using native PDF code.
- Added -Opdf:Sort; setting for enabling
the sorting of PDF text on the page.
- Added image rotation using
'RotateImage' for BMP, PCX, DCX, TIF, PDF.
- Added -Opdf:FontSub=Sim, Res or
All; for more native PDF options.
- Added -Ipcl:NoSkip; option to
disable PCL Perforation Skip.
JetPCL v9.03 05/22/2004
- Added -Ipcl:Duplex; option to
enable PCL Duplex support.
- Added PDF Deflate data
JetPCL v9.00 10/27/2003Major Release
- Added -d200:Fax; or -d200:Doc;
switches for accurate non-fax page sizes.
- Added -Igp4 Group 4 data as input
(as well as Group 4 TIFF files).
- Added -Otxt and -text:opt; as
text extraction options.
- Added -jInfo:opt; switch to
specify PDF Info Dictionary insertions.
- Added -sShift:opt; and
-sClip:opt; to either shift or clip the final image.
- Added symset path and symset
options to support downloaded symbol sets.
- Added support for 600 dpi output
using -d600 now.
- Added more PCL compression
methods using Adaptive and DeltaRow.
- Added more accurate resident
shade patterns (with access to the old ones).
- Added support for Motorola byte
order TIFF files.
- Added support for PDF files with
thumbnails and auto rotated landscape pages.
- Added support for time stamp tags
in TIFF and PDF files.
- Added support for breaking up
input files using new -jBreakup:opt switch.
- Added support for building up
from input files using new -jBuildup:opt switch.
- Added support for Text Extraction
from PCL files using -text:opt features.
- Added support for PDF output with
selectable and searchable text.
JetPCL v8.16 05/27/2003
- Added change to make our PDF
output print within the printable area better.
JetPCL v8.15 03/14/2003
- Added Euro support for 9J and 4U
JetPCL v8.14 03/04/2003
- Added sym set support for 9J (it
is similar to 19U).
- Added code to recognize pattern
data that had NUL's changed to SP.
- Added code to handle bad symbol
set commands gracefully.
JetPCL v8.12 07/03/2002
- Added support for the Huffman
- Added support for multi-strip
TIFF images as input data.
JetPCL v8.11 06/10/2002
- Added -Pd switch for darker
patterns by ORing lines when doing scaling.
- Added -Ps switch for scaling
patterns (it is ON by default, use -Pn for OFF).
JetPCL v8.10 04/17/2002
- Added -Sr softfont option for
"Open RdOnly any Autoloaded SFT files".
- Added support for OTIF reverse bit
order GP4 compression using -H4- switch.
JetPCL v8.09 02/20/2002
- Added support for the Euro symbol
using one of 4 solutions methods.
JetPCL v8.06 11/10/2001
- Added new JetPCLProcessVB() DLL
API for interfacing Visual Basic.
JetPCL v8.05 10/09/2001
- Added support for Greek symbol
JetPCL v8.02 05/05/2001
- Official release of JetPCL Retail
product for Win32 and UNIX.
JetPCL v8.00 12/20/2000Major Release
- Added support for PDF output
(image data only no selectable text).
- Added support for GP4 output
(MMR) (including -Otif -H4 and -Opdf -H4).
- Added output resolution switch
using -d200 or -d300 only.
- Added support for allowing
selection of PCL fonts from HPGL2 code.